View Single Post
Captain
# 10
09-10-2012, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrskyfaller View Post
I run a very successful and very powerful torpedo B'rel.

I will tell you this: Unless you respec your captain to fly the b'rel (or Bops in general) as torpedo boat you wont get anything out of this ship that you do not get with the Heghta BoP.

The HeghTa has the exact same boff stations and consoles. The only difference is the skin and the battle cloak.

B'rel *IS* a torpedo ship. Putting a single energy weapon turns it into a ridiculously overpriced HeghTa.

If you are a science captain and want to run it as a science ship then you again, need to respec into a torpedo template and fully focus on the sci abilities you will use on the ship.

The B'rel functions around its special cloak. You need to decide what to use in the 3 second window you have of being visible.

Once you get that set, its a monster ship.. and darn fun too.
I disagree on the Engergy Weapons. The EBC can do things like tractor while cloaked. This means on the initial run you can debuff a target w/TB, then decloak and alpha quicker than decloak, TB, alpha. It's odd, but the combo is quicker if you use TB 1st. You can initiate TB from full impulse while cloaked. Also, mid fight if you're not under heavy fire, you can debuff w/TB quick cloak decloak w/o losing TB and get bonus cloak damage.

You can also use repairs and alll captain abilities while cloaked. W/BC Tac Fleet triggers decloak.

There's also a slight turnrate boost w/the B'rel.

When using abilities like TB while cloaked you don't lose the Cloak defense boost either. The 3 sec cloak is a pseudo decloak allowing you to feign an attack or use a Sci damage ability like TBR3 while maitaining a good defense saving your alpha for a more opportune time.