View Single Post
Ensign
# 1 Noob is completely confused
09-11-2012, 05:07 AM
Hi. I tried a couple days of STO, made it to level 13, and deleted my character because I was totally confused as to what I was doing with skills.

The guides I found online contradicted each other, and the wiki pages I found all said "this information is out of date" at the top of the page.

I put points into starship attack patterns as the wiki said this was a skill available to everyone, then read on a forum post it would never be of any use to my main character who was an engineer.

When I tried that dropdown list of which skills affect which abilities, all my engineering abilities looked like moves out of Street Fighter, which made no sense to me.

Now in looking to start over, I honestly don't know what career to choose or what race to pick. Is there any advantage to having the "pigheaded" racial skill over being "logical?" The race guides I found online say they were written during the beta, so I have no idea if any of the information in them is still accurate.

Are there any current guides on how this stuff works? It looks all too easy to waste all your skill points on things that can never be used in your career.