View Single Post
Career Officer
# 20
09-11-2012, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarons8 View Post
dont want to grind for gear dont play stfs..
Saying that solves nothing.

People are STILL going to be lazy and ruin PUGs by queuing for things that are beyond their ability.

Quote:
i am getting so sick of pugging a group in elite that probably cant even finish a normal in time for the optional.. just because "elite gives better loot"
And yet it is what it is.

Quote:
they should make it a requirement.. an accolade that opens up elites.. get a whole set of xi gear. it already opens up the tailor uniform, why not make it open elites too.
Which still means absolutely nothing. It just adds an extra tier to this with zero guarantees that the people involved will have any level of competence. I've had far too many moments with people in PUGs where, despite displaying visuals from the STF sets, they still manage to consistently prove they have no idea how to run an STF effectively (and worse, can't even follow directions).

Hence why I suggest making Elite Gear available for EDC and at a LOW drop rate for Normal STFs. That way when someone tries Elite and gets stomped flat there's actually a chance that they'll stop and think to themselves, "Well, apparently I can't do this, maybe I should go back to Normals since I might still get the drop there, and though it will take some time, I can still work towards the stuff I want."

That's the only thing that will have a real shot of permanently skimming out some of the people who shouldn't be in those queues (since even then some people are going to want to roll those dice on the higher chances given by the Elite STFs).