Thread: new
View Single Post
Captain
# 2
09-14-2012, 05:39 AM
The first thing the game does is load and update the Launcher. After that it starts patching all new changes in the game - the game you downloaded originally isn't the final version, as the game keeps changing each week, so you need to download a patch almost as large as the original game.

If you're loading the Launcher and it doesn't fully load and connect to the internet then that could mean it's being blocked by your Firewall/Virus Protection - your security isn't allowing the Launcher to connect with Cryptic's servers to get the necessary updates to finish the process. You either need to turn off your Firewall/Virus Protection and try loading the Launcher again, or you need to create Exceptions within your Firewall/Virus Protection to allow the Launcher to connect to Cryptic's servers. I think I needed to make 5 or 6 Exceptions, and reload the Launcher a couple of times before my McAfee would allow the Launcher to work properly. You might be in the same boat with your Virus Protection.