Thread: Galaxy joke
View Single Post
Captain
# 12
09-14-2012, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangolight View Post
Right. This isn't new, what you posted isn't new, basically this whole thread was made just to complain about the existing state of the ship in game then. You said you the Gal-R got nerfed compared to a couple weeks ago and you just agreed with me that that wasn't the case.

And nothing in PVE needs only the highest damage producing ships. If you think you do, you're doing it wrong. As I mentioned, I fly a Gal-R as my main ship on my engineer, and while the question of it being the weakest ship at T5 is debatable, I will say that I don't feel like I'm forced to fly another ship to successfully accomplish anything else without a lot of unnecessary work. Things die in a reasonable time it seems, though as an engineer in a cruiser, I play more of a support role, but I'm setup in a way that I can put out some decent dps for short bursts if needed.

If anything, my science officer in an Intrepid-R kills much, much slower that my Gal-R, which is why I usually fly my Defiant-R with her.
I am Tac OFFice which is supposed to boost the ships damage output based on the skill tree. That don't happen in my Gal- R and I can switch ships to my Gal-X and do awesome damage and tank all day. The Gal-X is basicly an Assault Cruiser with Glaxy turn rate, cannons and a lance in a Galaxy skin. It comes with a little more power than Gal-R, not that much, but enough to get satisfactory kills in PVP and save the day in PVE. I spent a whole PVP match fighting 1 on 1 with a Science Rhode Island Class. He was trying to wear me down and hold me to death while I could do nothing but bore him to death, my "big for nothing" ship. I only got two kills in that match and they were not solo kills.

On the subject of your Sci Officer not doing well in an Intrepid ship doesn't surprise me because it is canon ship that the Devs didn't give much love to, making it an easy pop ship like the Nebula. I have another thread about how I can get my Nebula to shield tank better because even though its capacity is 1,200 more HP than my Galaxy-R its shield it twice as weak and don't stand up to anything. The best ships to put Science officer in is the Recluse or Orb Weaver ships because they are the most effective leach ships in the game. I have yet to find an active defense against their leaching.