View Single Post
Career Officer
# 42
09-15-2012, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majortiraomega View Post
In Cure Space Elite APD I is invaluable when thrown onto the IKS Kang and combined with Tactical Team I and Transfer Shield Strength II. It can be the difference between winning or losing the optional when he is taking fire from the battle cruisers/raptors at the end of the mission. (If they managed to make it that far)
If it were invaluable, everyone would be using it.

To start with, BoPs and Raptors should never even get that close to the kang.

Let's assume they did.

I would say that TT 1 + TSS X is probably 10x more important than APD in that situation.

Quote:
In many of the new fleet missions, APD I again very useful when combined with TT I. Not only does it provide a damage resist to the freighter, it also adds the blue FX to the enemy ships with the debuffs. Thus, the team is able to prioritize targets currently threatening the freighter.

APD and TT have absolutely no power synergy at all.

The resistance granted by APD is only for the ship's hull - Freighters are much better served with shield heals and straight hull heals (2 of which, out of the 3 available, add resistance as well).

Quote:
The same is true in No Win Scenario. Tactical Team I with Attack Pattern Delta I works in the same manner as with Freighters in the Starbase defense missions.
Again, APD has no synergy with the more important shield healing in this game.

If the Civ Transport in NWS is taking direct hull damage - you are already close to losing.

Quote:
Now, imagine for a second you add a 500% Threat Generation to any one of the above listed targets.
To be clear, I do not want or think adding 500% to anyship except the caster of APD's should be implemented.

You should not be able to increase the threat generation of anyone but yourself imo.

So APD has a few, very limited and overly specific uses that are not really important or needed since players can complete all of the content you mentioned above with ease and never use a single copy of APD.