View Single Post
Rihannsu
# 14
09-16-2012, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragon92518 View Post
I'm not certain it is understood what I'm saying....WHY the ***K is every Cruiser the size of King Kong? Was the TOS 1701 a "mammoth beast" when she was built? no... BUT...she was a Cruiser!!!
Actually the Constitution class is larger than any other canon starfleet ship of that era. Her direct replacement the Excelsior was larger still ("My God that's a big ship" -Dr McCoy). The only Federation starship of the 2240s anywhere near canon that is larger than the Connie is Franz Joseph's Federation class Dreadnought and that only shows up on a computer display in STII and III.

Quote:
Now...would it kill the Devs to make some other Cruiser ships that are similar to a Galor? I'm not saying flood the market...just STOP MAKING ZED ZEPPELIN TYPE Cruisers that are massive in size. Would it behoove them to make 1 or 2 other ships like a Galor? That way, if someone didn't want a WHALE, they wouldn't have to settle for that abortion of a ship...the Odyssey....err should I say "the humpback whale"!

I'll take a T5 Excalibur, or a T5 Exeter....or some completely new ship yet to be introduced.
There is a smaller sized cruiser already available:

http://www.stowiki.org/Fleet_Heavy_Cruiser_Retrofit

BTW the Galor you like to reference to so much has been called a Destroyer in canon.

Quote:
DAX

(off her panel)
Sir, do you see those Galor class
destroyers...

SISKO
I see them.

BASHIR
(off his panel)
It's a trap.

SISKO
It's also an opportunity -- and
we may not get another.
(to Nog)
Ensign, have Galaxy wings Nine-One
and Nine-Three engage those
destroyers. All other ships, head
for that opening. Anyone who gets
through doesn't stop until they
reach Deep Space Nine.
My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug.