View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 11
09-17-2012, 03:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yreodred View Post
I have played Bridge Commander for a long time.
There where some great mods out there, some years ago.
(but my disc got broken a long time ago, and i don't really have the money to buy another copy of this game.)
For my taste, that game was much too focussed on combat, i wish there where some kind of free roaming game mode or Exploration mode, where other qualities of your ship where needed.
(something like transport Colonists from A to B, explore some Stellar systems, or some strange anomalies, more activity inside the ship and away team missions.)
When i see most Star Trek games one could think that Star Trek is all about War and destruction.

I wish there was a Star Trek game which is more like a open ended Star Trek simulation. Something like Starflight just more modern and considerably bigger scale.
STO is the closest thing to that, but we all know there are worlds between STO and a Star Trek simulation, lol.

Thanks again everyone for your contributions.

Live long and prosper.

I know exactly what you are looking for. It's not out there.

Why don't you start with writing down in detail what you would like this game to be like? You could make a design and mail the idea to software houses (without any expectations to get anything for it). Who knows, if the idea is solid, you might inspire someone.

Last edited by hydaspes; 09-20-2012 at 05:10 AM.