View Single Post
Captain
# 5
09-18-2012, 05:57 AM
Fairly close to my build. Some thoughts:

1. Definitely swap one of the torp skills (I'd drop II) for a BFaW, especially if you're contemplating probe duty on KASE or nanite duty on ISE. The BFaW lasts longer than the one shot from the torp spread, and will drop the shields on a 2 or 3 pack of probes so that the GW can do enhanced kinetic damage.

2. To me, "key" DOffs are a Gravimetric Scientist (Demera from the supports is best, for extra gravity wells), 1 or 2 of the "reduced cooldown on emerg. power to X" abilities, maybe one of the "extra power from EPtX", a DOff that supports your favorite team (either Conn for CD reduction on TT or the one that enhances the sci team). This would be 5 DOffs with the twin cooldown reduction on EPtX, but you could instead double up a different skill, or pick a skill that you prefer, maybe "reduce cooldown on beam attacks" to go with BFaW & subsystem targetting, or a projectile DOff to spit out more Quantums to accelerate your bare hull attacks...
Well, with the upgrade announcement leaving NX and Connie fans in the dust again, can we restart / revisit the T5 Connie and NX threads - since they will no longer be "truly" endgame ships... (after we get the T5 versions, it'll be time to see them added to the T5U upgrade charts too...