View Single Post
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
09-18-2012, 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by row124 View Post
I too have been wait patiently since STO started over 2 years ago. I don't know why they keep adding non-starfleet ships. The Ambassador has been long over due. I don't know why they're stalling so much on this ship.

Every older class starship has been added too. Ships like the: Miranda, Oberth, Constitution, & Excelsior have been in the game for a while now. If these older class ones are in the game then how come they can't launch the Ambassador class too. They keep saying they will add it....someday!
There is at least some rationale for having the Miranda, Oberth and Excelsior classes in the game, as those classes were wildly successful and were used for decades by Starfleet. The Constitution class, not so much, but they at least got around that by saying the Excalibur is a new design that pays homage to the Constitution.

On one hand, I can see the reasoning not to include it, as the Ambassador was never widely used by Starfleet (the show being the best evidence of this), at least, not nearly as widely used as the other classes like the Miranda or Excelsior. On the other hand, I don't see the harm in including it either. And I do like the design, I like it more than some of the newer designs like the Saber, the Galaxy-X, the Olympic or the Prometheus (all look a bit pants). Same goes for the Constellation, but at least there Cryptic made the Stargazer-class.