Does Anyone Play Story Missions (Anymore?)
View Single Post
Join Date: Jun 2012
09-20-2012, 12:09 PM
Here is what i experienced in the most storyline missions.
1. not enough enemies (fights sometimes take not more than a minute)
2. huge distances you have to fly (sometimes) just to get to a group of 5 BoP?s for example (see 1.)
3. its not really spectacular. In the series of star trek, when there was a borg cube, the first thing they normally do is try to hide/run away but in sto,.. well.. a cube pops up, you kill it, you continue. Its not that i am scared of facing any enemy. (missing atmosphere)
4. There is no alternative in killing/disabling an enemy.
5. Space is too small and makes not much fun.
6. Storyline sometimes makes no sense. I am a hardcore star trek fan and i dont like if its deviating too much from what i know.
7. too much species i dont know or have ever seen in any star trek episode
Games that made this part better: Freelancer, Star trek bridge commander, star trek Dominion Wars
there would be more points here but those are the one?s i remember.
1. The maps usually all look the same (not in that last FE). I think its a limitation of the engine or something but they are mostly boring, ships looks like churches from the inside (too big).
2. No alternative to complete objects (in almost all missions, i think in the last FE, they gave some options but dont remember).
3. see space point 2.
4. too much species i dont know or have ever seen in any star trek episode
Games that made this part better: Star trek elite force 1/2,Star Trek: Deep Space Nine - The Fallen