View Single Post
Survivor of Romulus
# 16
09-21-2012, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
But I'm confident they know that a game isn't only about c-store ships, fed c-store costumes, lockbox stuff.
I would really love for them to look at it like that, but thus far it seems to me that they haven't, because that's what their efforts seem to be focused toward: more lockboxes, more c-store ships, more fed costumes. Their last big update was a massive currency sink and the thing that people were most excited about, cost a ridiculous amount of real money in addition to the grind for a character-only unlock (fleet ships)!

Quote:
every single element they add means it will be used to create thousands of hours of gameplay.
I completely agree, so why aren't they doing it? In S6 we got a few new things, which are nice, but there are hundreds of other assets and elements that are there that have not been added, things we've asked for for more than a year.

Quote:
If they are unable to invest in their own game there's no point developping it anymore because it's already dying. So, believe me, they can provide foundry content without a cost for authors. Selling that would be pure greed and will for sure create a lot of discontentement in the author's community.
Again I agree, but their pattern of decision making leading up to now has shown a reluctance to put resources into things that don't get them a return on investment. Mind you they haven't 100 percent given up on content that you don't have to pay for, but I do see a pattern. I hope I am proven wrong, I would love for them to put everything we want in the Foundry out of the goodness of their hearts, but it seems unrealistic.

Keep in mind this is all just speculation. Obviously neither I nor anyone else in this thread has the slightest say in what Cryptic will and will not do.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic