View Single Post
Ensign
# 40
09-21-2012, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Just asking about the math- it doesn't add up: submit 1 mil EC, in return for joining get a bugship and 10 Mil EC.

My Grandma used to say 'If it looks too good to be true, it probably is'. So I ask what isn't stated in the OP to guarantee an accepted applicant doesn't immediately leave when he gets his bugship and 10 mil EC.

Yes, I'm interested in joining and I assume the group has a website, right ?
I'd just like to point out that, free bugship or otherwise, we've never had a single player leave Starfleet Dental in anything less than an amicable fashion. We're confident in our ability to vet potential recruits and we're also confident in our ability to pick the people who are the best fit for our fleet. Once people realise exactly how much camaraderie and helpfulness there is internally, they don't want to leave.

While we receive a steady stream of applications throughout the year, we've seen a marked rise in the number of people asking to join ever since we began this promotion. I'd like to remind everyone that as an experienced fleet full of captains who have been playing for a long time, we are not in a huge hurry to expand our numbers. There are many fleets out there who prioritise quantity over quality. We're not that sort. Please treat your application, if not with the same seriousness, then at least the same decorum, as you would a potential job interview.

I'm sorry if this comes across as perhaps a tad arrogant, but I have to assure you it really isn't intended that way. As you can imagine, we get a lot of rubbish applications from players looking to take our stuff and leave, and it can be very trying at times to deal with all that.