View Single Post
Career Officer
# 5
09-22-2012, 05:26 AM
I actually have a fair bit of advice here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fangwolf1 View Post
This is what I currently have for weapons, consoles and skills:

two Tetryon Beam Array Mk XII [Acc][CrtH] [Borg]
one Tetryon Beam Array Mk XI [Acc] [CrtH] [Borg]
one Assimilated deflector Array
one Assimilated Subtranswarp Engines
one Assimilated Regenerative Shield Array
two Tetryon Turret Mk XII [Acc] [CrtH] [Borg]
Shrug whatever weapon type suits your fancy. I just happen to prefer the procs from either phasers or disruptors. But like I say whatever weapon type you like.
I would trade out those shields post haste.
the Borg set is cool.
No need for that neat Green tractor beam you get for 4 pieces.
3 pieces, hell 2 is usually good enough.
I suggest doing what it takes to get the MACO shields, and possibly deflector , and be running 2 piece borg , 2 piece MACO
But definately the shield.
I suggest the Paratrinic Shield Array you get from some Klingon Storyline mission in the interim until you get the MACO shields

Quote:
Engineering console:

Neutronium Alloy Mk XII (uncommon) (+17.5 Kinetic Damage Resistance, +17.5 All Energy Damage Resistance)
Neutronium Alloy Mk XI (rare) (+17.5 Kinetic Damage Resistance, +17.5 All Energy Damage Resistance)
Ablative Hull Armor Mk XI (rare) (+26.2 Phaser,Disruptor.Plasma, Tetryon Damage Resistance)
These all look fine to me.

Quote:
Science Consoles:

one Assimilated Module
one Theta Radiation Vents
one subspace jumper
one Field Generator Mk XI (+17.5 Maximum Shield capacity)
You are a big slow carrier that turns like a slug. You have no need for the Theta Vent (small fast ships dropping that cloud where it needs be, not big slow beasts like you). Also see no need for the Subspace Jumper. I'd replace these with another Field Gen and a generator console to match the Sci skills you run.

Quote:
Tactical Consoles:

Tetryon Pulse Generator Mk X (+26.2 Tetryon Damage to get the +30% ones it will cost me around 100m energy credits )
get the Mk XI Blues when you can. Tetryon is crazy expensive right now.
these are the right consoles for the energy you use, no issues there.

Quote:
Hanger

two Advanced Danube Runabouts (has Phaser Array, Chroniton Torpedoes, Tractor Beam II)
I like Danubes a lot.

Quote:
Ship Stations:

Tactical :

Tactical Team I, Attack Pattern Delta I
Maybe think about replacing one of your front beams with a cannon and change APdelta to a cannon skill like Rapid Fire. I am just not a fan of AP delta.

Quote:
Engineering:

Emergency Power to Shields I, Reverse Shield Polarity I, Auxillary Power to teh Structural Integrity Field II

Science:

Hazard Emitters I, Transfer Shield Strength II, Photonic Officer II, Charged Particle Burst III

Hazard Emitters I, Transfer Shield Strength II, Polarize Hull III
Why Photonic Officer ? Thats a Lcdr Sci Slot. You could Grav Well , and get all kinds of control powers with these Sci slots. Tractors, etc. Hold those enemies in place, lower their defense and let your Hangars do the work they are supposed to do. i would think about using those Sci stations for some control powers. get a Sci captain to train you Grav well 3 in the Cdr Slot. Just my approach in my carrier and it works great.

[/quote]

Okay. Buy the respec. This is where I have real advice.
You have A LOT of skills racked up to rank 9.
Look at the curve.
First 3 levels of a skill +10
Second 3 +5
last three +1

No Captain trainable skill requires you be above 6 in the associated skill.

If you respec and take some of those skills down to 6 instead of 9, you will have a ton of points to spend on things like engine performance, auxillary performance, armor reinforement, inertial dampners, some sci skills assosciated with the powers you choose.

What I am getting at is. If the skill is an Admiral Skill say (cost 3000 per rank)

Take Energy Weapons Specialization

You spend 9000 to get +30
The next 9000 gives you +15 more in the skill
The final 9000 you spend on it, gives you only +3 more.

In my build, those points are best spent on more varied skills that support my Science skills, like starship Graviton generators.

Also , remember your Doffs !
get good space doffs.
Flight Deck Officers are pretty much a gimme on a carrier.

k thats what I got. Hope it helps

Last edited by hippiejon; 09-22-2012 at 05:30 AM.