View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 35
09-23-2012, 07:36 AM
Ugh, NO. I don't EVER want to touch anything as filthy as "Normal", and I DESPISE tutorials. I'm proud to say I've NEVER played a Normal STF and I don't intend to start. I've watched it done before. You learn nothing from it. Everything people do in Normal is utterly wrong, wrong, wrong. You don't learn to ride a bike by practicing on tricycles.

If anything, the scrubism would just get worse. Since everything you learn in Normal is WRONG, what you'll get is people who come out of normal and THINK THAT EVERYTHING THAT SUBSEQUENTLY GOES WRONG IS YOUR FAULT, because *THEY* know how this works.

The fact of the matter is, most people are stupid and fundamentally incapable of learning. Period. When I first started the STF thing, I knew I had absolutely no idea what the hell was going on. I told people this. I asked, "What do I do?". Veterans, of course, are never shy about telling you what you should be doing. And you know what? I did that. And we won. And we did it again. And this time, we got that damned optional.

Hell, I still don't understand how some of these things actually WORK, but at least I know what *I* am supposed to be doing in them.

Last edited by jkname; 09-23-2012 at 07:39 AM.