View Single Post
Ensign
# 29
09-24-2012, 01:30 PM
I had originally posted this in the wrong forum, so I'm reposting it here, and adding to it.

My new mainboard is a Gigabyte board (don't recall the model as I'm at work), with an AMD 965 Phenom II X4 Black Edition, 8GB DDR3 ram, Nvidia 560TI vid card running on Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit.

Symptoms:

o - Taking forever to load the game at all once character selection was made.

o - After finally logging into Sector space, I could see other ships moving around me, I saw the fx of the game, I could manuever only side to side, up and down, on my center axix.

o - Most game chat channels appeared to not load.

o - Many, if not all, of my bridge officers wouldn't load, or were showing as "None".

o - I couldn't select any skills

o - I couldn't type in chat at all.

I too opened a ticket with support and went through all of the recommendations including:

- Reinstalling the game
- Reinstalling current graphics drivers from Nvidia
- Reinstalling mainboard drivers from Gigabyte
- Defragmenting my hard drives (done automatically once a week already)
- Ran a full error check on my drives in case of bad sectors.

None of this corrected my issue. I ran across this thread and was checking and most folks are using boards that indicate a network adapter of AR813x or AR815x. So I started checking around and found that they're identified as a Qualcomm Arthoros nic module. So I checked for them and finally found a web site with newer drivers than Gigabyte had.
Those drivers are available here: http://www.qca.qualcomm.com/corporat...t.php?nav1=146

Drivers are available here, from the vendor, for the following network adapter families:

AR8121 AR8113 AR8114 Family

AR813X AR815X Family

AR816X Family

L1 Family and L2 Family

I believe that this may help some folks in here with this problem.

Last edited by dredster1; 09-24-2012 at 01:34 PM.