View Single Post
Captain
# 38
09-26-2012, 02:22 PM
I've been thinking about it. If you look at the body of work, Starfleet itself couldn't decide on a "definite" uniform variant. I mean, look at the uniform list from the short period of time the TNG series were on, which spanned, at most, a decade:

TNG jumper
Late TNG / Early DS9
TNG Films / Late DS9
Voyager
"Special lady" uniforms, aka Troi's "low cut counselor's gear" and 7 of 9's stuff
2 "Admiral's" variants
2-3 "Dress" variants
AGT
Racing

I wouldn't be surprised if there was, off screen, "off duty", "out to lunch", and "gone fishing" variants that we missed... As it is, there's an average of one uniform/outfit designed/worn per year of the TNG era...

If Starfleet itself can't manage to keep to a "standard uniform across all commands" needing annual revisions etc., then it suddenly looks like a bright idea to just dump "uniform regulations" and toss a bunch of "standard default options" into the replicators for the crews to wear.

Though my personal favorite right now is the TOS Mirror guy's top colored to look as close to a biker's jacket as possible (Black, silver trim) with white ascot/"t-shirt underneath" and the closest thing to jeans that the smooth fabric pants allow...
Well, with the upgrade announcement leaving NX and Connie fans in the dust again, can we restart / revisit the T5 Connie and NX threads - since they will no longer be "truly" endgame ships... (after we get the T5 versions, it'll be time to see them added to the T5U upgrade charts too...