View Single Post
Career Officer
# 55
10-03-2012, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
Yes, we reuse assets. It is commonplace not only throughout the games industry, but in reality, in business, in industry, and even in Star Trek Cannon (both on screen and backstage).

We have made a lot of assets already. It would be idiotic to build a brand new chair every time we needed a chair. Just as Starfleet wouldn't get the corps of engineers to design and manufacture a new chair every time they needed a new chair. They would likely get some copies of a chair they already had the plans for.

That said, what you see is not 10 seconds of work, and Implementation does matter, as that often requires more time than the asset creation in the first place.

I'm sorry if you are disappointed with this project. Don't queue for it, don't spend your Dil on it, and save it for one you do like.
I'm going to call you on this one! I'd like to s3ee someone at Crytpic do a feature on the full creation of something like a feature project. This goes from the copying and retexturing of objects, placement, testing (which you guys almost always skip out on), etc. Seriously! i want to see what actually these teams do other than make excuses for my Defiant still having missing textures along with most of the other ships, DX11 still in beta after how long, etc. If you take pride in your work. Step up and show us what it takes.