View Single Post
Career Officer
# 69
10-03-2012, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykehpuppeh View Post
(I'm Copying and Pasting this here, as I just posted this in the Original Thread about the Wineskin stuff - If anyone could give me a hand, It would mean a lot)

I need a hand, if anyone knows. Obviously, I run STO with Wineskin, and have done for almost a year, after finding this thread. I bought a new iMac three months ago, and had to reinstall it, which was the biggest nightmare i've EVER had - It took me weeks, of pulling me hair out to make it work correctly, or fit my screen, or suit my graphics. But after long enough, i got it to work and whatnot.

ANYWAY, the problem is, just this morning, straight away after clicking the icon on my Dock, after a couple of seconds, a small Error box comes up and states the following:

"Wineskin Error,

ERROR! Launching wineserver failed! No New winserver PID found!"

Can someone help me out? I'ma go nuts without STO, even if it's for a couple days.

Thanks in advance,
Jake.
if you have rebooted and it still happens... then you need to go in Wineskin.app to Advanced and use the Test Run button to get logs. That error message itself doesn't tell us why it couldn't start.