View Single Post
Captain
# 49
10-04-2012, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by treffell View Post
I use Jam sensors as the bridge officers in case someone locks on with tractor beam, but
polarize hull is another option.
You might get more bang for your buck out of Polarize than Jam for the reason that you're using it. Polarize lasts longer, isn't a single target ability, and doesn't fade if you're attacking the target.

Personally, I only use a Jam BOFF in Ker'rat when I'm farming batteries while chatting. There are so many BoP pilots that have no idea what to do when they're about to alpha you and...they can't. I suppose that might work against PUGs in instances as well - but I generally go with something else in A/C&H. But in Ker'rat, I could definitely see some of them wanting to throw things...lol.

And while it wouldn't fit your particular situation, speaking of annoying and fun things to do with Jam involves a BoP, Jam, Repulsors, an Engine batt, and a Tact Cube in Ker'rat. Decloak, jam, pop the batt, hit the repulsors, and drive them into the cube. Odds are they won't think about what they're doing, they'll spam their spacebar, end up aggroing the cube, as you cloak and fly away.

I suppose that's one of the reasons I mainly fly Sci, regardless of ship, there are just so many things you can do to annoy other players...