View Single Post
Career Officer
# 5
10-06-2012, 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chikahiro View Post
While interesting, I feel it would add an unnecessary level of complication to the game. I believe there's already a fair bit of differentiation between the two sides via the ships we can get, as well as DOFFs. For both PVE and for any hopes of PVP, I think "less is more."

Additionally, I've noticed over the years that one group's "bonus" will tend to be held as the baseline for everyone/thing else. As a result, "OMG such-and-such is gimp," regardless of its factual status, will become the perception. It could be totally in line for performance, but will be held up against the bonus'd group.

As is, we've got a lot of different options, and can assemble a personal style from those. I think that's fine, and better than some innate push towards one or the other.
Fair enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondoid View Post
To the OP, you clearly have the Feds and Romulans flipped in their preferred roles. The feds are all about science, the Romulans are the engineer race. They built the vault, their ships are fast and powerful but look like they should break given the high speed maneuvers they do and they are powered by black-holes. Engineers need to know a great deal about the stresses that effect any thing they build.
I'm not entirely sure about this. Maybe they'd both be Engineering focused? The reason I had Science down for the Romulans is because of two things.

Firstly the Remans would be a huge part of any Romulan Faction, and Remans tend to be Science-focused (the fact we've got a Unique Reman Boff should be easy acknowledgement for that). Secondly, whilst it could be argued for Tactical, Romulans lie in the shadows; they use their stealth and trickery to their agendas, such that probably wouldn't be possible without science.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyranger1414 View Post
Stop trying to bring in faction specific bonuses. I prefer it the way it is right now, everyone is free to play what they want without feeling like they're missing out!
There were two suggestions up there, only one of which allowed for faction-specific bonuses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyranger1414 View Post
Have you never played MMOs with systems like what you propose?
STO is actually my first (and probably only) MMO I'll play.