View Single Post
Lieutenant
# 64 On the outside looking in
10-07-2012, 06:45 AM
Complaints, complaints, complaints... are you listening Cryptic? I've been playing steady F2P for about a month and am at level 49 and all I see is a big fat brick wall when I hit 50. I am not going to sink money into this game at all until I feel its worth it. So far its been a great ride but its ridiculous to think what even the paying players have to put up with.

I'm pretty fair minded and realize that with me being an F2P player it is expected that I would have to pony up some kind of cash and I can live with that but what about these paying members that still have to chuck gobs of cash to get anywhere post level 50? If you are a gold member you shouldn't have to BUY anything. You have payed in and that should be enough, period.

Furthermore I to can see how this game is going to steadily drift away from Star Trek canon more and more unless Cryptic quits mucking things up. Its a "Star Trek Game", not a "trek-like game". Quit messing with it. Star Trek is at the very least a sacred part of science fiction mythology and media history going back half a century. Being in the "future" does give you some wiggle room but not enough to just start dumping races into bed with each other.

Finally I would just like to say that while I have practically yelled every word of this post at least a dozen times over the course of writing it I have attempted to be as calm as I can be. I understand that Cryptic has a business to run having worked as a manager many times. However allow this thought to sink in if you would; many many people including myself often shop at mom and pop stores even though they may have a smaller variety of items we wish to purchase because they often have a much higher quality standard in service and content. So ask yourselves this question, do you want to be the mega store that offers a lot of gimmicks but little substance, or do you want to deliver an enjoyable and unforgettable experience that good ole' Gene god rest him would shed a tear of joy over.

Thank you for your time,
-James-