Thread: Borg Vs Daleks
View Single Post
Captain
# 14
10-07-2012, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
1 Dalek cases are made of a material that is (to quote the Doctor) "Nearly impervious to penetration"
I believe that Borg assimilation tubules have been described as being able to penetrate almost any substance... Dalek casings can be damaged, and if anything could do so, I believe it would be an assimilation tubule...

Quote:
2 Daleks are VASTLY more intelligent (individually and as a group)
I quite agree they are more intelligent, but I don't think that would equate to a tactical advantage..

Quote:
3 Dalek Nano swarm tech is AIRBORNE and Borg nano tech is Contact
Blood-borne nanoprobes would assimilate the swarm tech and re-purpose it into additional nanoprobes...

Quote:
4 Borg can adapt to damage only if the damage is SURVIVED
How do you mean? In all the instances of Feds on Borg so far, the first few phaser hits have taken down (and killed) individual drones, but within a few hits, the Borg adapt. I think in First Contact, the initial assault on engineering fired less than twelve shots before the drones adapted...

Quote:
5 Daleks have literally thousands of weapons
And the Borg could have billions of drones (and more recruits available all the time )

Quote:
6 Daleks have advanced time and dimensional travel
"You are the First Borg?? EXTERMINATE " Game over
Yes, that is true, but not really any fun

Quote:
7 Borg are a race of losers (Janeway beat them , piccard beat them , NEELIX can beat them) Daleks are a Race of Winners (other than when facing the Doctor)
Only due to dramatic requirements for the Good Guys to win...

Quote:
8 finally The Daleks come from the OLDER franshise and thus have a larger fan base
Irrelevant, but lol...