View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 37
06-19-2009, 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loekii View Post
I think the recent Path Articles seem to suggest the potential for 'Federation Sympathies', which might allow Fed players to choose to play Cardassians in the roles of tasks force or joint efforts -- much like how we are going to see the Gorn/Nausicans/Orions operating in tandem with Klingons (but more likely subjugated):

So if Garak's government position is not broken by the time of STO, it would appear that the Cardassians are aligned with the Federation.
However, his party's first two decisions along with continuing the previous decision of dismantling the military...has certainly changed popular opinion and continued votes which support the Federation's agenda will certainly destroy their chances of maintaining control. Looks like there will eventually be a civil war within Cardassia...IF the Federation aided the elected government and won, this is the only way I see Cardassia supporting the Federation. But if a civil war is to occur, it needs to happen within the next 3-5 years in order for the Cardassians to recover again and make them playable within the Federation.

Someone said the Cardassians would ally closely with the Klingons, I don't see this happening...the Cardassian's hatred for Klingons is much greater than their hatred for the Federation. It's also a trust issue...If I hate both, but must choose one...which one do I trust more would end up being the question.