I have joined the 20%!
View Single Post
Join Date: Jun 2012
10-08-2012, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by
Hey guys, I thought up some more questions but acknowledge I may not like the answers I expect.
1. Can we get mek'leths at all? On my Fed characters when I do the academy event the klingon holograms that come in are armed with mek'leths, but I have not seen them at all for my klingon character. Is this a 'lol welcome to the KDF; expect to be disappointed at the half-finished nature of it' thing?
2. Why isn't Ty'Gokor in the game? Or... is it in the game and I'm just blind and stupid? If it's NOT in the game... see above. I will say I'm surprised it's not in the game, they have so many trek landmarks already.
3. Not really a question but an observation. I just found out that KDF has a doff assignment to prepare a baked tribble. One of my Fed's got a cannibal tribble on a 'confiscate contraband' assignment and I mailed it to my klingon. Nothing - not blowing up Starfleet ships, raiding peaceful colonies or selling prisoners into slavery - has made me feel more like a ruthless bastard than this.
4. The HG set 2-piece bonus gives +25% dmg to torpedoes. This seems pretty self-explanatory but I was wondering if mines count in that or is it just explicitly torpedoes? The reason being is that I've been experimenting with mines whilst I've been leveling up my character and kind of like the fire-and-forget nature of them.
5. I have in mind a second character, but I'm not sure what class I want to go as. I do have in mind the Vor'cha as the endgame ship, so I figure an engineering character would probably be what I go with. That said, carriers are appealing. Up until now all my characters have been tied to the ship class most suited to their career; my fed tac runs a Defiant, my eng runs a Regent, and my sci runs an Intrepid. My klingon is a tac and runs a BoP. I do know that these class distinctions aren't as strict as some games in the genre, and mixing and matching is not only possible but can lead to interesting results. I should also say I'm more of an RPer than a min/maxer so I don't really care for superduper optimised builds. SO having said all that, I guess what it comes down to is I'm looking at making a 2nd character, career not decided upon, with at least the Vor'cha as one possible endgame ship. Probably an Orion too.
In light of the above, I was interested in the Vor'cha refit particularly for the isometric charge. Is this console at all good for PVE work? (I don't really PVP at all) Stowiki has no information about this, although I haven't done a search for it on the forums. Note that even if it's garbage I might consider getting the ship anyway as a gesture of my support for the faction.
1. Ah, the mek'leth. Smaller than a batleth, but bigger than the d'ktahg. I want one too, and hopefully Cryptic will give us the weapon. But we don't have them right now.
2. I wondered where the Ty'Gokor Shipyard is too. Is it on the map in the Omega Leonis Block?
3. You insidious man! We don't want another cannibal tribble loose on Q'onos. G'hargh (Roach, aka bitemepwe) already let one loose.
4. Pretty sure it only works with torpedoes
5. The Vor'cha is more for the Tac Officer that wants to roll in a cruiser. If you want to go Engineer, pick the Negh'var as an endgame ship. They are cool, they do good damage for the fact it's more of an engineer cruiser, and it can take a beating.
As for the Isometric charge, it has its perks, but ultimately a better console can be put there. Still, do your part and if you want the Vor'kang, get it.
As for carriers, they are fun to roll in. Let me warn you, save for the Kar'fi, they turn like three legged targs.
And for your own entertainment, listen to the
Gates of Sto'vo'Kor
. It is a podcast fit for any warrior in the Empire. We drink bloodwine, tell stories, and give our own perspective of the state of the Empire. Qapla!
Oh, and when you roll a second character, roll up a Lethean! The Lethean species needs more representation!
Last edited by cliftona91; 10-08-2012 at