View Single Post
Captain
# 11
10-09-2012, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
I still find Torps very useful in PvP, in fact my build requires them.

If any change need to be made then its in how shields block torpedo strikes when said shields are partially depleted. The lower a shield facing the more Torpedo damage should get by to damage the hull. Thus a 2% sliver of shields will not protect a ship as if they where at 100%.
This is actually the way it works now (tested 31 August 2012)

Previously, a 2% sliver of shields automatically reduced any incoming Kinetic damage to 25% before that damage got deducted - first from shields, then from hull. It didn't matter if/when the shields dropped, the damage inflicted remained at 25%. This made builds with Tac Team perform ridiculously well against Torps.

Currently, a 2% sliver of shields reduces incoming kinetic damage to 25% - this value gets deducted from your shields - then if the shields drop the leftover damage gets multiplied back up again before getting deducted from your hull. This change made torp builds much more viable, and also increased the frequency of "one shot" kills from Borg Heavy Torpedos in STFs.

Unfortunately it was a stealthfix, so precisely when it occurred is difficult to pinpoint. I personally tested and observed both behaviours.

[ <<<--- @Maelwys --->>> ]

Last edited by maelwy5; 10-09-2012 at 06:31 AM.