View Single Post
Ensign
# 34
10-09-2012, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
I think you guys are missing the point here. As a LTM you are going to be eligible for all the vet awards anyway, automatically, you could log off and log back in 3 years later and pick them all up without supporting the game at all after the initial investment. The people that pay subs are still going to have to wait the required time anyway, so they will have to support the game for each hundred days to pick up the next award. I'm at 641 days so have had many of the awards, I am also a LTM and I am pleased that new LTMs will see a huge packet of goodies included with their large one-off purchase. Hopefully it will encourage more to come off F2P or Subs and make a large initial investment into the game.

It also probably means the end of Vet awards past 1000 days because they will no longer be seen as vet awards but LTM awards. This will free up the team at Cryptic to work on other projects which can only be a good thing. I think those of you who don't like this are feeling a little ego deflation as now all LTMs will suddenly have all the same stuff as you even though they may have only started playing today. Me, I support this and wait to welcome all the new LTMs entering the game, they will have spent a lot and received a lot, they will be more likely to participate in this forum and in fleets, I see it as a win win everywhere, nice move Cryptic.
If that is what you think then your missing the point !