View Single Post
Career Officer
# 41
10-09-2012, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by game5pock View Post
Why are people complaining about this? I think it's a grand gesture on Cryptic's part, and it makes me feel better about getting a LTS a few weeks before the game went F2P.
A sense of entitlement.

As one poster pointed out, Vet Rewards have long been a standard for showing appreciation to long-term members. This poster is 100% correct about this, and about the meaning of the Vet Rewards themselves.

What he and many others are failing to grasp is that an LTS is and always has been a long-term investment, proof in the form of wads of cash that you care enough about a game to drop that much on it in one go. All Cryptic has done is make that investment more rewarding, which is something that the lifetime sub itself has been needing for ages.

They're getting upset that these young LTS are getting all their stuff that they had to wait for. They think that being here longer means the $300 they gave Cryptic years ago is somehow worth more than the $300 some person gave them three months ago.

My only question is why they're lumping it now instead of having done it incrementally as each reward came out (for example, when the 100 day combadge came out, why they didn't automatically give it to all existing LTSs at that point, and so on with each new reward).