View Single Post
Community Moderator
# 10
10-09-2012, 12:56 PM
I'll just go on record now saying that I will never part with 1 Zen for only 25 Dil, not when things in-game tend to cost thousands of Dilithium.

There is such a thing as monetary value. Zen represents real cash that actually funds the game. Speaking as someone who buys Zen every month, I would like to see that monetary value preserved at least to some degree of balance. As it is, I don't like buying Dilithium off the exchange.

Yes, Dilithium represents people playing the game, sort of. If you equate grinding specific content over and over with playing. I for one can't get anywhere near the 8k cap per day on even one of my characters, let alone all of them.

As far as I'm concerned, all those projects and items that cost Dilithium can degrade into the bits and bytes that spawned them if the exchange rate ever gets that inequitable. It will simply prove that Cryptic has failed to provide equitable value for Zen, and I'll stop buying it if that happens.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek