View Single Post
Empire Veteran
# 4
10-09-2012, 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoctorbluebox View Post
Whoa, I just read the front page blog, I can't say I like the idea that new lifetime subs will get all the current veteran rewards. It demeans the nature of veteran rewards.
I don't see how it "demeans" the nature of the reward. The concept of "vet days" is an old school pre-PWE practice in the part of Cryptic. Its a game, simple as that. Life time are extremely expensive, so such a perk given instantly is fine by me - by the way I'm (852/900) so I'm only about 5 months away in receiving the 1000 day Vet award. Whether I get it now or 5 months from now I could care less - Lifers have been screwed from the get go, especially at the dawn of F2P - this helps to ease a Lifer's woe.

Quote:
Veteran Rewards were something special, something that long time players could really benefit from..
Again what so special about them? What benefit did it bring? The only thing I see was an excuse for folks to display their new shiny toy at best. Bragging rights that you own a LT account and have been playing since ancient Rome. Meaningless if you ask me. The accounts are very expensive to begin with, and every LIFER got screwed balled ever since F2P began. The Cryptic love for Lifers faded - everyone knows that.

Quote:
but now everyone can get them with new lifetime subs? I don't like that, it makes the veteran rewards less unique and meaningful. It dumbs it down.
Less unique? Meaningful? Dumbed down? What exactly does that all mean anyways? Why shouldn't a new comer Lifer received the perks that we already had enjoyed for over a year now. It pointless to be honest. You can still feel unique if thats what you want since Silver and Gold subscribers do not get a Lifer's perk.

Quote:
Pretty soon everyone's gonna have all the same rewards at Gold/Lifetime/Long-Time Players, and there will be no differences between long-time players and new players. Perhaps that is their goal, to meld the two? But as a long-time player, who is past 900 days, been playing since open beta, and who bought the lifetime in year 1 of this game, I feel like you are taking uniqueness away from me. Making my 3 years of playing, less meaningful. We should be rewarded for our time in this game, and just giving it away to new lifetime subs takes that away from those of us that have been in this game for several years.
So just because you were first in line it gives you the right to protest a sound business practice on Lifer account sales. You're still going to play STO regadless, you still will reap the benefits. Its utterly pointless in my eyes to whine about such a insignificant matter.

You worried about being a clone in a video game. In the end its a game and thats all that matters. Play Hard, Make Friends, and enjoy the game