View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 46
10-10-2012, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
Honestly, those of you that are buying LTS' now, I have to ask 'why?'. Even with the ship, you're not getting that much that you can get through Dilithium.

I'm ticked because 1000 days ago, I gave a not inconsiderable sum of money for the only benefit of not having to pay-to-play. In those 1000 days, the game has broadened in scope but become far removed from what it could have been. And there's no going back now.
We simply see it differently. The game is very good right now, and is constantly getting better in my opinion. I'm excited about the changes I have seen in Seasons 5 and 6, and I'm excited about Season 7.

The month before Season 6 went to Tribble SWTOR was released and STO was dead, nobody was playing STO and there was no evidence the game was healthy. Since Season 6 lauched the active, in game community is very active, and there is no question PWE had a huge payday with the Temporal lock box and has a steady revenue model for the game in place.

By every metric we can evaluate, the game is thriving and the future is bright. So unlike the risk early lifetime members took investing in their lifetime sub, today all signs suggest such an investment is low risk, because the games future today is much brighter than it was back then.