View Single Post
Career Officer
# 5
10-12-2012, 08:15 AM
As far as gear is concerned, I won't get into specifics ([CritH], [Cap]x2, etc) as I find that tends to be more of a personal preference thing, but the basic build I have been using is this:

Kit: Medic (much fuss is made of Tachyon Harmonic, but the medic kit is the only one for which the skills seem to work at 100% efficiency, 100% of the time)

Armour: Physical Augmentation - for the very noticable melee bonus

Shield: Whichever has the highest capacity - the medic kit will offset any lack of regen ability

Weapons: A Sniper Rifle and a Bat'leth both with [CritD] - I find that the [CritH] makes less of a difference, but that may be just me.

Devices: If you have it, the Ophidian Cane set (2 slots), a good supply of Hypos (these are for you, your kit is for your team first and you second) and for STF's a good supply of Nanite Hypos. If you don't have a MACO/Omega set, replace the hypos with your remodulator. Nanite Health monitor from the medic kit should compensate well enough. Obviously, the gun, shield and armour would be MACO/Omega in the case that you have them (I prefer the MACO set, but again, that's personal preference I think)

Skills:

Medic: 7 bars

Physiology: 6 bars

Scientist: 6 bars

Probability Logistics: 3 bars

Weap. Prof: 6 bars

PS Generator: 6 bars

Willpower: 6 bars

Particle Physics: 6 bars

Threat control: 0 - In spite of the tanking ability that this build gives you, this is important to keep low if your role is to keep the team alive. No point in the medic being dead, right?

Anyway, that's a build for a Sci Medic that's been working for me for a long time.

[EDIT] Almost forgot: Don't forget about your Active Ground Duty Officers - Melee and Medical ones seems to make a big difference too.

Last edited by redsoniavrel; 10-12-2012 at 08:44 AM.