View Single Post
Ensign
# 3
10-13-2012, 06:17 PM
I agree with you on some of those points Carmenara... some I don't really get fully, so I'd probably have to speak to you for a bit to see what you mean.

But the plethora of fleets out there these days hide the good ones like a needle in a haystack. Some of the fleets I've seen have been built solely on the premise that the founder wanted to be in charge.. then hands officer positions out like candy, to people with little understanding of leadership that then wear their command like stripes on their shoulders.

So where are the good ones? I don't know. I suppose it's like finding a best friend. You have to meet a lot of people, with all that such vulnerability implies. The recruitment messages are no way to tell, they can be misleading.

I find that catch words are telling. "multi game community" usually carries the danger that the members are likely to be playing elsewhere or will be, when the next best thing comes around. "Casual" can hide a total disregard for what's important to you. When I hear "military" I have found it means you play the way the leader plays, participate in what they want, roleplay what they intend or you're labeled a trouble maker.

I am still looking for that "best friend" fleet. I wish you luck in your search.