View Single Post
Captain
# 12
10-16-2012, 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716maikai View Post
sure they could, but will they? no.

almost 3 years of "we'll get around to it" and almost everything wrong in kerrat has been there since the beta of the game and has been mentioned time and time again.

they just dont care about pvp.
It's a respawn after a restart. Sure it took them a bazillion years to fix stealing a runabout so you didn't take the turbolift to your doom (okay, not a bazillion years - just felt like that)...but it's just a respawn after the restart.

SWITCH (faction)
{
case fed:
spawn fedside;
break;
case kdf:
spawn kdfside;
break;
default:
gtfo;
break;
}

If that code were there as players came into the zone initially or after a restart - then folks would spawn in their respective sides. It even allows for case rom: spawn romside; break; to be added if those areas ever became a threesome (though I'm guessing with the way things are going, Roms are just going to be sub-Fed and sub-KDF). Still, it would allow for a Ker'rat style map to be used for multiple teams fighting in an area - have the cases reflect the team numbers, etc, etc, etc.

It's almost like they have the code in place for when a person initially enters the zone, but they're missing the break; on a restart.

So it looks something like:

case fed:
spawn fedside;
case kdf:
spawn kdfside;
break;

The Fed spawn is falling through the statement and they are spawning on the KDF side after a restart. You kill them and they will respawn on the Fed side per the norm.

Ugh, I really wish I wasn't Archived Post and I could find all my complaints about Ker'rat...lol.

But yeah, it's been broken since the dawn of time...meh.