View Single Post
Career Officer
# 28
10-16-2012, 07:06 AM
Well, had another Wave One fail earlier. To be fair, one team member bailed when the enemy ships arrived (Orions in this instance), so was at a disadvantage from the start. Then looked at the team:
Me, Galaxy-X class, VA
One Nova class kitbash, Lt-Cmdr
One Star Cruiser, RALH
One Dakota class, Cmdr
And the person who bailed was a VA in a Fleet Defiant

Anyway, the Star Cruiser was a rainbow boat which was another disadvantage, the Nova class did pretty well - got the impression that this was an experienced player using a secondary toon and the player in the Dakota class had the right idea but didn't seem to be doing much damage, so assume he had a poor setup. I did the best I could, taking out enemy shields and giving them a taste of Phaser Lance whenever possible, but it was obvious from the start that this instance was simply a game of 'see how many fleet marks you can obtain before the red text of fail appears'.

We managed to get to the last respawn of Wave One, where my trusty shields finally gave up, as did my hull, having taken a pounding from my ship receiving frequent aggro, and whilst I was in respawn oblivion the timer ran out, with the starbase resembling a smouldering ruin with enemy ships still firing at it. Fail!

And with reference to the VA flying a Fleet Defiant - a real big thanks for them for bailing - and given that, as mentioned, he bailed just as the enemies arrived I can't help but wonder if we have a new kind of griefer - one who waits to see who the enemy is and then stays or leaves depending on whether the enemy that shows up meets his expectations.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY

Last edited by reyan01; 10-16-2012 at 07:10 AM.