View Single Post
Career Officer
# 13
10-16-2012, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
It's a respawn after a restart. Sure it took them a bazillion years to fix stealing a runabout so you didn't take the turbolift to your doom (okay, not a bazillion years - just felt like that)...but it's just a respawn after the restart.

SWITCH (faction)
{
case fed:
spawn fedside;
break;
case kdf:
spawn kdfside;
break;
default:
gtfo;
break;
}

If that code were there as players came into the zone initially or after a restart - then folks would spawn in their respective sides. It even allows for case rom: spawn romside; break; to be added if those areas ever became a threesome (though I'm guessing with the way things are going, Roms are just going to be sub-Fed and sub-KDF). Still, it would allow for a Ker'rat style map to be used for multiple teams fighting in an area - have the cases reflect the team numbers, etc, etc, etc.

It's almost like they have the code in place for when a person initially enters the zone, but they're missing the break; on a restart.

So it looks something like:

case fed:
spawn fedside;
case kdf:
spawn kdfside;
break;

The Fed spawn is falling through the statement and they are spawning on the KDF side after a restart. You kill them and they will respawn on the Fed side per the norm.

Ugh, I really wish I wasn't Archived Post and I could find all my complaints about Ker'rat...lol.

But yeah, it's been broken since the dawn of time...meh.

Don't forget, the convoy mission on Tribble season 4 had the same issue of both sides spawning at the same point. They're either very lazy or their code isn't written so that on a fresh map there can be 2 separate spawn points.