View Single Post
Captain
# 13
10-16-2012, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbrady View Post
I don't know about that. The Jem Hadar weren't any more powerful. The defiant easily defeated Jem Hadar ships....the only proboblem was the fact that they bred like guppies.
In "The Jem'Hadar", three Jem'Hadar frigates defeated a Galaxy class with ease. Their polaron weapons went right through the Odyssey's shields. It wasn't till the Federation had rapidly upgraded its ships that they were a match for the Jem'Hadar.

Quote:
Still they had one serious weakness. Take away their precious "white" and they become more irritable than a heroin addict in withdrawl (probably just as worthless too).
When a heroin user is on withdrawal, they're irritable. When a Jem'Hadar is on withdrawal, they tend to shoot people - watch "Rocks and Shoals". So withdrawing the white would weaken them, but they'd still be capable of doing a lot of damage before they die out.

Quote:
So this leaves the Vorta who are both cowards and stupid enough to believe a being that shape shifts is a god (I thought humans were easily impressed).
It's not a matter of intelligence - they were genetically bred to revere the Founders as gods. And I think most diplomats would be afraid if they were facing down a dangerous enemy without bodyguards.

Quote:
Finally this leaves the shape shifter criminals who were easily brought down by a section 31 virus. No I'm afraid she can stay where she is. She should have been excecuted.
As already stated, releasing her was necessary to dissolve Kar'ukan's forces. Even after it didn't work, recapturing her would have enraged the Dominion and likely started another war.

And personally, I think letting her rot in prison for the rest of her life is a much harsher punishment than an execution.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured ... the first thought forbidden ... the first freedom denied ... chains us all irrevocably."