View Single Post
Captain
# 46
10-18-2012, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer1 View Post
The main idea is very few people will find value in it. There is no differentiation between the two ships at that point. It makes no sense for a business to have two models that are the same thing. Most people just get the Regent if the other ships specs aren't to their liking. The idea you had a bit back with enhanced science boff stations (two Lt.'s if memory serves) would at least serve to differentiate it from the other ships.

Also, what are you willing to give up to have the ship saucer separable?
Quite the contrary, i think Cryptic would make a lot of money with it. Especially people who are dissappointed by the Galaxy variants in STO would buy it.
On the other hand the Regent is just a Sovereign variant (ship model), it can be made to have the same appearance as the Sovereign class.

What about the other Mirror ships we have in STO?
They are the same ship model of slapped on another ship.
My suggestion is exactly the same, a Galaxy class with the stats of a Regent. They did the same thing with the Mirror Assault Cruiser, Star Cruiser, RSV and DSSV.

About the saucer seperation, they easily could keep the Galaxy Class slow turn rate as tradeoff.
For all i care the Galaxy Battleship can go without a saucer seperation, but i wouldn't make it science focussed. I would leave that for the prime universe Galaxy Class.

Personally i think, the Mirror universe Galaxy Class Battleship would be perfectly ok with the Hull HP, BOFF and Console Layout of the Regent Class and maneuverability of a Galaxy Class so it could even keep the saucer sep. but i don't set a high value in it TBH.
It would be a pure fan service ship, thats all i want.

I hope my english is understandable, since most of the time i find it difficult to find the right words in my native language.

-> -> -> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- <- <-
T6 Guardian Class design / A 25th century Ambassador refit