View Single Post
Captain
# 23
10-18-2012, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyandfrosty View Post
Yeah it's not the same. Combat impulse stops giving any kind of bonus at 50 or greater engine power. Just like Hyper engines give bonuses at 51 or higher and not 75 or higher.
Well then - that seems like a major blunder on Cryptic's part then - because Hell, not even trying it's easy to pass 50 when set at 25.

Quote:
the Aux disable doesn't make up for the set in questions Short Comings, is part of the problem. the variable power bonus is meh because a Warp Core engineer doff will give you +25 anyway if it procs. Maco will pretty much get you +10 instantly once you are shot at, and Leech gives you +16 if you are shooting anything anyway. To say nothing of EPS power transfers, Weapon Batteries, combo batteries, Red Matter Capacitors, Team Batteries, and oberth consoles.
PVE to PVP has always driven me crazy though. Probably one of the reasons I ran 2+2's on so many toons - running a 3-5 STFs for a single Borg piece...meh.

No doubt if somebody's going to premade - they're going to do what they need to do.

Quote:
Even at a Lower slider setting, at /25 -all- of my toons are comfortably over 50 power in engines.
Yeah, the 50 thing... just blows my mind.