View Single Post
Captain
# 24
10-19-2012, 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingmaster View Post
Nah, the Feddies just use their sci spam BS and subsystem targeting to disable and hold ships while bludgeoning them to death. They don't need energy draining.

I love it when Feddies complain about KDF drain abilities, but don't seem to see a problem with pre-made sci spamming teams that also toss in a few pay-to-win abilities (graviton pulse being one). I don't do either, tbh. The only P2W I use is Impulse Capacitance Cell (which can be overcome with sci spam or subnukes). Other than that, I just rely on decloak alphastrikes, skill, and a bit of luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
He probably means the Danubes.
I am not a "Feddie" just here to complain and whine about how KDF is OP. In fact, I would say I spend 60-70% of my time on my 2 KDF toons vs. my 1 Fed toon. I was curious if there was a hard counter to this type of team. I'll try to carry some extra boffs and weapons for a layout to counter this with scatter volley, torp spread and eject warp plasma. It's not my prefered layout by any means, but if it's what I gotta do then it's what I gotta do.

As for danubes, I really don't understand the complaints and comparisons to siphon drones. Yes, they're annoying, but there are hard counters built into the game that can pretty much make your ship immune to tractor beams, such as running 2 APO's, AP doffs, polarize hull, and evasive maneuvers. I have been on the receiving end of both siphon/drain teams as a Fed and tractor/hold teams as a Klink. It is much more manageable to deal with the tractors/holds than it is a fully decked out KDF drain team. Like I said, I'll try what has been recommended, but I have a feeling it ain't gonna be easy, especially with pugs.