View Single Post
Ensign
# 95
10-19-2012, 12:31 AM
I'm on an old (2008) 24" iMac running Mountain Lion 10.8.2. I tried the test run from the Wineskin.app in Advanced, and it does the same thing. It opens the log-in window, I type in my username and password, and it crashes. It does give me logs but I'm pretty clueless when it comes to computers and I have no idea what they mean or how to interpret them. I can send you the logs if you'd like.

And no, I can never get to hit "Engage" because it crashes before I can do so. It crashes while the launcher is loading. I know I'm logged in because after I type in my username & password it says "Welcome, JayWest21" at the top of the log-in window. So I know I'm in there. But then right after that down at the bottom it also says "Loading launcher..." then it crashes.

I also noticed that it has a red rectangular box at the bottom of the log-in window that says "You need JavaScript enabled in order for this site to work properly" or something like that. But I've always had JS enabled by default. I looked in my Preferences just to double check and sure enough, I still had JS enabled. So I don't know why it's saying that. It never used to say that back when I had STO working (before Apple's update that broke compatibility).

I was thinking maybe it might have something to do with the latest update that Apple just pushed out on Tuesday (16 Oct) that removes Java from Mac web browsers, requiring you to go download the Java plug-in manually from Oracle or something like that. At least that was my limited understanding of it.