View Single Post
Starfleet Veteran
# 493
10-19-2012, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by randolf2 View Post
FYI I am a Vice Admiral and a STO veteran from open beta.
Too dark and no amount of udjusting monitor settings work. Calibration slider does nothing even when slide all the way to the right! using Kubuntu 12.04.1 64 bit updated last=yesterday. Also using wine 1.4 ubuntu 64 bit version. Yesterday's update seems to have fixed the WINEARCH command - I could never get that to work - now I can install and run STO but too dark to play. I have installed the following via wine tricks IE8, Direct x and corefronts. I set multisampling and GLSL on via winetricks. I am using a seperate WINEPREFIX for STO so the settings only effect STO. I still have to use windows vista to play STO since Linux wine is still too dark. I keep checking here and the wine data base for suggestions on what might get it to work. I am running on an HP Pavilion dv6 1030us Entertainment Notebook PC. STO dosn't recognize my graphics card but STO runs fine via Windows vista even with some of the graphics turned up, so why not under linux unless the ubuntu video drivers are to blame.