View Single Post
Starfleet Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxfederatica View Post
O Evil One, I have great news: The long-awaited, months-in-the-making fifth installment of my "Ghosts of War" series is at last published and ready for your review!
Federation Mission - Ghosts of War V
Author: paxfederatica
Allegiance: Federation
Project ID: ST-HDISRTVDK

----------Report Start-----------

Summary: This is a riveting mission in the series with great map designs, several tough battles, and excellent story dialogue. I would highly recommend this mission to all players, although not on Elite level. The battles are tough enough on Normal. This episode in your series ties several elements together from the other episodes. It makes me look forward to the next episode in the series, so get back to work on it?

Below are a couple of things I noted while playing the mission that I wanted to let you know about. Everything in this write up should be seen as suggestions on ways I felt you could improve certain elements of the mission. They are yours to do with as you see fit.

Mission Description: This is a good description with detailed notes for the player. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this description.

Grant Mission Dialogue: This is a good grant dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue.

Mission Task: This is a good initial task with a clear start location for the first custom map. I noted no spelling errors with this task.

Mission Entry Prompt:

MAPS:
1: Utopia Planitia (Interior): This is a good map design with excellent story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue. I noted one item to consider changing:
-Commander Veld is standing on the console.

2: Near Earth (Space - Phase-shifted): This is a good map design with fun battles and excellent story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

3: Earth Spacedock (Interior - Phase-shifted): This is a good map design with several tough battles and excellent story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

4: Earth Spacedock (Interior): This is a good map design with some fun battles and well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

5: Near Earth (Space - Phase-shifted): This is a good map design with fun battles and well written story dialogue. I noted one item to consider changing:
-The "Hail the Pax Federatica" dialogue; consider changing "it may mean these ones are injured" to read "it may mean they are injured".

6: Caves beneath Starfleet Academy (Interior - Phase-shifted): This is a good map design with excellent story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue. I noted one item to consider changing:
-The other maps had excellent detail, but this one seemed a little plain. If this is the location where they found Data's head in the TNG series then you should consider adding objects that help make it look more like a mine shaft rather than a series of caves.

---------End Report----------

Thanks again for authoring and for giving me the chance to review your work. You did a great job with this mission and the entire series. I look forward to playing/reviewing more of your work in the future.
Brian

This critique report also filed 10/20/2012 on forum posting for: In depth mission reports upon request.
If you would like a detailed review of your mission please visit my forum posting "In depth mission reports upon request" for details. Also see Evil 70th's list of missions at "Evil 70th's Missions".