View Single Post
Career Officer
# 10
10-21-2012, 06:22 AM
[quote=anazonda;6169491]PWE cashed out 50,000,000 for them... You can bet PWE wants at least 50% more than that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsitsalot View Post
You can only remove Cryptic from Perfect World IF Perfect World is willing to sell Cryptic.
Quote:
Frankly, I would expect it to be significantly more than that. Like more towards $100,000,000.00. I doubt they would let it go for anything less than half again what they paid for it.
You're both probably right.

Quote:
You can only remove Cryptic from Perfect World IF Perfect World is willing to sell Cryptic.
Blackmail?

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegepark2151 View Post
No offense, but if I was going to spend that much on a game company, I'd just start one from scratch.
But if you wanted to create a game called Star Trek: Online, you could hardly go out and do that with an already existing one in the works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stf65 View Post
CBS would need to approve the sale and would be within their rights to void the STO license contract if PWE sold Cryptic. I would not be surprised to see the same agreement with Hasbro for the NWN license. That means any sale could leave Cryptic's new buyer with only Champions Online. That is certainly not worth even $5 million.
Maybe I should have asked, specifically how much it would cost to 'buy' Star Trek: Online.