View Single Post
Career Officer
# 30
10-21-2012, 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
Nice to know I'm not alone

But yeah, when you're on an internet forum for an MMO, and new changes come out (especially BIG changes like STO's seasons)... there will be knee-jerk reactions (with or without reasons); many of them are negative, because people are usually much more inclined to post their feelings when angered or upset.

But yeah, because it's knee-jerk, it's not a good indicator of how people really feel. Once people calm down, get their thoughts together, and really REALLY think about the changes... that's the serious discussion the devs have been looking for. Whether your ultimate reaction is like, hate or 'meh', you still help the devs better that way than with emotion-filled posts.

Season 7 is no different, and it won't be the last time. I'm just glad I'm one of the few who thinks first, then reacts
And what if your feedback is, the changes are mostly good (aside from DOff price increases, which means I'll simply suspend DOff progress and take longer on Fleet projects) but the ROLLOUT is not good?

I don't think the changes themselves will kill the game. They will impact fleets and DOffing. But I do think the rollout may cost players, maybe permanantly -- maybe temporarily -- that the changes themselves would not.