View Single Post
Captain
# 26
10-22-2012, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th View Post
Get upset about it! I am, just keep to the rules while posting feedback (assuming the police comment was aimed at me?) They do need to hear the feedback, but just saying 'we don't want it' won't work, we need to be telling them how they should be working too
My comment towards the "police" wasn't serious, i hope you know that.

I am not against cryptic making money. But it is more how they do it. You get constantly remindend to spend money, if it's lockboxes or C/Z Store or if it's the need to spend another currency in game. Those things feel just like work.
There is not sense of wonder, no "let's go out there and explore space".
Some have brought up the term "labor Camp", while i think its a bit exaggerated, the direction of it is true.

Instead of coming up with even more stuff to grind, and "improve" your character/crew/ship, they should have finally come up with something we can do with it.

Let us go explore some unknown regions, let them generate on the run. So everyone has another experience when doing a exploration run. I mean the current exploration system is way too limited. New Civilations should be generated, and we should meet them at a later point to interact with them even more.
BTW: "interaction" doesn't mean killing them!!!

For me STO is too much an usual/generaic MMO, it (maybe) still has the potential to become much more, but to be honest i don't see that with the people in charge.
(sorry to say that.)

I think there is a big missunderstanding, the devs seem to think that giving us something to grind IS the fun of a game, while we are waiting to finally get something else. Something that doesn't feel like work.

I can only speak for myself, but grinding (doing the same mission over and over) and spending huge amounts of resources is not fun. It is just annyoing and boring.

I know they can't do 2-3 missions every week, that's not the point. But they should try to make missions more entertaining. Why don't they implement something like a random generator for some missions, so evertime we play them something unexpected can happen. It doesn't have to be something big, just some small variations would be enough.
Be creative!

I don't know if this belongs here but i really refuse to accept cryptics ship system. I don't want to start this topic here i have written my opinion a hundred times in other threads. LINK, LINK.

Heck we are supposed to be Starfleet Captains, have they visited EDS lately, for instance?
If STO wouldn't have "Star Trek" in its name and some Star Trek looking ships in space, i never would have thought that is is a Trek game.

For everything else i have the same opinion as meimeitoo:
Quote:
Originally Posted by meimeitoo

- Don't make people pay fleet ship modules AND fleet credits to get a fleet ship.

- Remove dilithium from the upcoming new STF rewards altogether. Pugging thru sometimes hundreds of STFs is bad enough as it is. To paraphrase the O.J. Simpson lawyer: "If people did the grind, you have to be kind."

- Stop the lockbox insanity, where you expect to get ca. $250 for a fully fitted temporal ship, instead of the usual $25 C-Store prices.

- Put a stop to the ever increasing starbase costs. Fueling a starbase near/at Tier 4, and above, is outrageously expensive already.

- Remove dilithium from the Personal Projects to advance your way through the reputation system. We never had to pay extra dilithium to level up to VA either.
Some additions from me:

I think Cryptic should reconsider judging loyality by the amount of spend money. The Chimera (and its KDF counterpart) and other things should be availlable depending on the time a account exist or maybe become unlocked with a certain amount of accolade points IMHO. But selling a ship (which some have been waiting for over two years) for 200$ is just shameless barefaced.

I can just repeat myself, STO is nowhere fun, it feels just like a money making machine. Everything results in accumulating more Dilithium, Lobi, ZEN, EC or whatever.
(I stopped at the introduction of Lobi.)

This is NOT what a Star Trek game should be about!

I hope my english is understandable, since most of the time i find it difficult to find the right words in my native language.
"...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--"
- Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

Last edited by yreodred; 10-22-2012 at 08:12 AM.