View Single Post
Ensign
# 5
10-22-2012, 05:36 PM
Lame, I realize the original intent may have been to prevent non-completable missions, but the dialog editor requires at least one successful path, so I don't see why a similar architecture couldn't be applied to the storyboard portion. There are at least two applications that I can think of off the top of my head that I won't be able to do in the foundry until they alter they alter that, if that ever happens.

1) A custom ship interior that allows you to go back and forth between different decks, can do to some extent with duplicated maps, but there will always be an extremely finite number of times you can go between decks and and you will have to go to the decks in a specific sequence instead of directly to whichever you intend to head for. Also, the map duplication bug that takes a long time to fix if you have a lot of objects in a map makes this approach extremely problematic.

2) Storylines that branch and either have side missions to other maps and back to the one you left, or lead to alternate endings.