View Single Post
Career Officer
# 13
10-22-2012, 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog0000doom View Post
the doff system needs new tiers and new roster slots. not a 200000x increase diltihium price using the doff grinder
Well, how do you add tiers other than "Very Rare"? "Ultra-Rare?" "Overly Common?"

I wouldn't seeing maybe mixed-type DOFFs. Say, they're Rare, but actually can do two different job assignments at equal level to a Common. Of course, I'd make them Bind automatically, but I'm a cruel, terrible person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
I just hope this isn't somekind of conn by Perfect World to force us to spend Zen on the Dilithum Exchange, because that's something like the mafia did.
It only forces you if you're impatient or don't have much time to play (and even that's arguable). If you're earning your Dilithium, this is slowing you down. Both on an individual and a fleet basis (my theory is above).

Quote:
Originally Posted by red01999 View Post
That, I will grant you.

The devs want to slow progress down. And frankly, I can't blame them. How many people have you heard screaming about having nothing to do? I've heard a lot. A whole lot.
Tangent: it'd be nice if they had more things we could do with the DOFF system, but that's just me. As is, its a rather enjoyable little resource game for me, and one I almost prefer to the regular game. Certainly, if I could use them to automate certain things that'd be fantastic... "Assign X, Y, and Z officers to this team: when you posses A, B, and C, they will take them and make a D."
Updated 2/11/13! Buying Zen with Energy Credits | Upgrading Duty Officers without Dilithium.
Q&A Presents: Maui Online! My friends' radioshow/podcast Computers, with occasional forays into astronomy.