Thread: Is AMSing OK?
View Single Post
Career Officer
# 23
10-23-2012, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fakehilbert View Post
AMSing is bad.

SS is... well, it used to be that nobody ran with SS builds because they were simply annoying and would just lead to a situation where it was countered with more scrambles and thus created a circle of annoying SS usage that didn't really increase anybody's enjoyment of the game.
But then Cryptic decided that they needed to nerf CPB and TachBeam and thus left SS as one of the few sci abilities that are still somewhat useful...

We had the total scrambling back in 2011 when some teams were running with more than 6 copies of SS2/3, and it was possible to survive. But it was no fun to play these matches.

Is it op? Probably not so much. But balance and fun are different things.
a circle of annoying sausage?

Yeah, i remember the time of horrible SS use... it was _not_ fun... even if it's not directly OP. That's why I ask if it's considered bad taste. I hate winning a battle and then get "yeah, but you used AMS", or "P2W saves the day" thrown at me. (ofc, it depends who says it)

On the other hand, i'd hate gimping myself for no reason.... Maybe just keeping our AMS consoles in inventory, and employ them en masse if AMS is used against us first will be the best option after all... Still, having a wipe caused by AMS in the beginning of the match is horrible for morale in a fresh PvP team.