View Single Post
Career Officer
# 16
10-23-2012, 07:10 PM
I'd see if I could break the costume, I guess.

I know a number of ways to break ground costumes and reported them a long time ago.

But, honestly, I don't have a lot of time and unless there's something mechanically novel I can try to break, I can't provide a lot.

If there is something mechanically novel (transwarps, side firing weapons, weapons that change weapon type situationally, costume change, aggro redirection, time freezing, ship switching in space) I can probably find out how and when it breaks (because it will, somewhere) and give solid repro steps.

I'm probably not at the top of anybody's list for giving more feedback at the moment. I promise, no crazy design rants. But it's probably only worth having me on the list if it does something weird that other ships don't do that somebody has a feeling might break things. It's not that I'm personally crazy about the Vesta but I like the challenge of figuring out how to break things.

Like the Timeship set bonus power bugs, the stuff you can do with the stasis pistol, the costume editor tricks, and how Klingons got to ESD. (It took me a solid three hours once I got in game of trying things but I did report how that was done.)

If it's just a sci-vessel with cannons, though... I'm sure other people would enjoy testing it more and I'd hate to take their chance away.

Also, I'm out of town this weekend.